Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Lots O' Things.....

So last week ended, but much like it had started. I met a great girl from Texas at a math conference I went to on Thursday. We decided to get together after I got off work on Friday. After I picked her up I called Rob to ask if he wanted to join us. He couldn't because Dixie had cut up her legs pretty good when she had busted down the corral and Rob was worried about her. So a vet came to the house to check her out. Luckily, she got a clean bill of health.
Then, on Sunday, Rob called to tell me that Roxy had climbed on his recliner and had left him quite a wet spot. She has had a hard time adjusting to Dixie so she has been letting Rob know that she isn't happy to be sharing his attention by going to the bathroom on his side of the bed and on the recliner. I no longer trust her and keep her locked in the bathroom when I cannot closely supervise her. She better get over this soon because I won't put up with it when Rob brings his dog home and we have kids....one day (no I am not prego!).
This morning Rob left before the sun came up to go out of town for an 8 day project. At first I was excited because it meant eating sushi, not making the bed, and watching what I wanted on TV (or not having the TV on at all). But, I've done all three and it hasn't been as exciting as I thought it'd be. Now I am sitting in a quiet house, eating licorice, and contemplating whether to go to bed early or to correct reading contracts. Ah, the exciting life of a "single" girl....

No comments: