Thursday, November 5, 2009

Learning Something New

OOPS....I never got back to blogging last night. After I put Preston down my day kind of ends. I soak in a hot bath and then unwind with a good book or TV before calling it a night.
ANYWAY, we are learning that Preston is not a typical baby. He's a fabulous baby but that's not what I'm referring to this time. I'm referring to the fact that he reacts differently to vaccinations than the typical baby is supposed to. My understanding is that on the day of the vaccinations babies are fussy, tired and usually need Tylenol for a fever. Preston, however, is perfectly normal the day of his vaccinations. He takes his usual naps, isn't fussy and doesn't run a fever. The day after, however, is when he sleeps almost the entire day. He's not fussy or running a fever but he sleeps a lot and just wants to cuddle. He usually takes 4-5 forty-five minute naps each day and if I'm lucky he'll take a 1 1/2 hour late afternoon nap. Today, however, he took a 3 1/2 nap and he only woke up because I was intentionally making noise. By the time he woke up I had vacuumed, wiped down all the doors, did touch up painting around the house, washed all the dishes (I usually do it in spurts cause I hate it), scrapbooked, put together a couple Christmas presents, called about 3 bills (I got one reduced by $105 and another one completely wiped out....love it!) and cleaned the bathroom. I'm not used to having so much time during the day. On one hand it was nice but on the other hand it was weird not to have my little man to talk to, play with and smile at. He did stay awake long enough to help me load up firewood in the wheel barrel, feed Cheyenne and water the trees. The rest of the day he slept...and all was good!

No comments: