Monday, November 23, 2009

Southern Livin'

We have been on southern soil since Thursday night. It was a long flight here but Preston did an amazing job!! One flight attendant took a picture of him and another one complimented him on how well behaved he was. Once we got settled in we took off Friday morning for a weekend at deer camp. I am trying my hand at hunting but it's a lot like fishing in my opinion. You have to be patient while you hear everyone else's gun go off. The bright side is that the hours in the deer stand helped me write my best story yet about a doe named Lola that outsmarted a hunter. The other bright side of deer camp is the great meals and family time around the evening campfire. By Sunday I was ready to head back to enjoy hot, running water. I had been worried about Preston but as always he did a great job! He didn't care that he slept in a pack-n-play and didn't have a lot of toys. Of course Mimi spoiling him and uncle Possom tickling him and grandpa cuddling with him probably helped. We got back last night then rob and I went to his cousin's birthday party. This morning Preston and I enjoyed a neighborhood walk around the reservoir before running errands. We went to Bass Pro to get preston's picture with Santa but Santa was on break. So we did a little Christmas shopping instead. After that we took a day trip to New Orleans, which is 3 hours away. Once again Preston was so good while we enjoyed the interesting sights of the city. It's been rebuilt so we weren't able to see the damage. Now we're on our way home and will all probably sleep good after doing so much the past few days!

No comments: