Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Thankful

I woke up this morning (earlier than I wanted....Thank you very much Preston!) and didn't have a care in the world so to speak. I left the house in clothes I wanted to wear and listened to what I wanted to on the radio. I met up with two friends for lunch at a place we all agreed upon. From there we went to the mall, where we walked around, shopped, talked freely and even openly discussed religion. Not once did I worry about my life or what I was saying or the immediate future or our safety. I enjoyed a nice day with some good friends all because of soldiers that sacrifice so much....time away from their family and friends, modern conveniences, comfort and so much more. They fight for our freedom on a daily, if not hourly, basis so we can lay our heads down at night for a peaceful night's sleep. We have more freedom than most countries combined. So often we neglect to thank soldiers for their hard work and dedication. That's why this blog is one BIG THANK YOU for those who have served so we could be free. OUR vets and soldiers are MY heros!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree! I woke up thanking God for the service of my dad and your dad's dad, my brothers and of course your dad. Much to be grateful for. Mom