Friday, March 23, 2012

Calm After the Storm

It's only been 3 days since the last time I blogged?? It seems like forever since I've had a chance to say hi to you. This week has been super busy...at least socially. Rob is my biggest cheerleader when it comes to photography and is constantly trying to help me broaden my horizons. For Christmas he paid for me to take a photography class with a phenomenal local photographer. The class started this week, which has kept me busy. On Tuesday and Thursday night I was immersed in photography until 9pm. Last night the class took a fieldtrip downtown to play with different settings on our camera. Rob had used his bonus to buy me a camera I've been eyeing for awhile so it was fun (and frustrating) to play around with it.

An unedited picture that I took with my new camera

Wednesday night I took a break from photography to meet with my book club. Usually I thoroughly enjoy my monthly meetings with the gals but this week there was something in the air. 2 ladies were in tears and there was a new lady that added a new dynamic to the group.
Tonight I'm happy to say that, after going to dinner with my boys, I've been relaxing at home. I've caught up on my taped shows, played on the computer, chatted with the neighbors, cuddled with my boys and read my camera manual.
Tomorrow morning it starts all over again. I'm going to a 2nd shooter (wedding photography) training session. Then we've got to meet with our accountant to do taxes and go to a fundraiser for a couple boys that are dealing with cancer.
I'm looking forward to the next 3 weeks so I can RELAX. I'm "tracked off" and can't wait to visit my parents and friends, run, do photography and read the stack of books I'm dying to get through!

No comments: