Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Rollercoaster

I've been MIA for the past week because I feel like our family has been on an emotional rollercoaster that won't slow down and won't let us off. For all the lows we've had, we've had just as many highs....the way life is. Last Monday we found out that our house, which is for sale, is going on to the next phase in the selling process. The buyers upped their offer so that the bank would approve everything. We are sooooo excited to move to the valley where life is more convenient all the way around. Monday was also the day that P was fully potty trained and no longer needed diapers! Monday was also the day we got some other news but I'll tell ya about that in a minute.
Thursday Rob had to take a test for a new potential job. He passed and was offered the job. He'll be going back to work in a couple weeks after being off on disability for 4 months- a huge change for ALL of us. If you read his blog you know that, even though it's not his ideal job, he'll be happy to be home with P and me every night. There is a paycut involved so I need to figure out what I'm going to do next year with teaching and P's preschool schedule.
Friday Rob and I packed up his truck after I got off work and headed to Vegas. We love being parents more than anything in the world but we always enjoy the chance to just be a married couple as well. My parents came to town to watch P for the weekend and spoil him endlessly while Rob and I went to NASCAR races. Everyone had a blast! Rob and I got to stay in a nice hotel, see our favorite race car drivers and have a date night at the top of the Stratosphere- 1,140 feet up in the air! Although we had a great time together, it was nice to be back home yesterday with P. We don't take our time together for granted but like I said, we thoroughly enjoy being parents.
OK, back to the news from last Monday. I have tears in my eyes as I write this so I may keep this short and sweet. As you may know, we've been trying to get pregnant for 1 1/2 years. Last Monday I was convinced with every bone in my body that I was pregnant so I took a pregnancy test and it came back positive. We immediately called our family to share the news we'd been dying to tell everyone for well over a year. Later in the morning I texted only 1 friend that has been my "advice nurse" for the past couple months. She immediately texted back that it could be a false positive due to the fertility drugs, something I hadn't even thought of. I still thought I was pregnant but as the week wore on it became apparent that I wasn't. Today it was confirmed that it was indeed a false positive, which is heartbreaking. After seeing "Not Pregnant" for 18 months we were over the moon to FINALLY see "Pregnant" flash on the stick. But, between you and me, I much would've rather had seen the "Not Pregnant" than to go through this rollercoaster of emotion that we've dealt with.
So, there you have it....our rollercoaster of life!

No comments: