Sunday, March 4, 2012

No Bodie


 Rob suggested we drive to Genoa yesterday so I could take pictures. I suggested going (what I thought was) an hour further to Bodie, an old ghost town in California. I've been dying to get there to take pictures. Since we haven't had much snow this Winter and because I didn't think it was a state park, I wasn't thinking about whether it would be open or not. Well, let me save you the trip....it's closed!
 After driving over 3 hours with a potty trained toddler, who is fascinated with peeing on the side of the road, we came to a "Road Closed" sign. I was beyond disappointed, not just because I wouldn't get any pictures but because Rob and P went on a long drive for nothing. I did take a couple pictures of things along the way there and back (A toddler taking pee breaks is a good chance for me to take a photography break) but all in all it was an unproductive road trip. :(

No comments: