Tuesday, November 5, 2013

A Month of Thanksgiving

Dedicating each day of November to something I'm thankful for has become an annual tradition that I enjoy. It helps remind me that I have SOOOO much to be thankful for! I had planned to blog a small blurb about my daily thanksgivings but, as always, I'm behind. So please allow me a minute to catch you up on the past 5 days.
Day 1- I'm so incredibly thankful to be a stay at home mom. It's been such a different experience the 2nd time around, one I love. Some days it's the most challenging job I've ever had but every day it's the most rewarding one! I love all the special moments the boys and I share together, the moments we cuddle or the moments P asks me a question where I have a chance to teach him a new thing or the moments we discover something new together. Each day, good or bad, is a treasure with my boys!
Day 2- I'm thankful for my dentist appt I had. I'm one of those weird people that thoroughly enjoy going to the dentist. I love how clean my teeth feel when I walk out of the office. It's been too long since the last time I went (because I wasn't a fan of our dentist in Reno) so this appt was especially welcome!
Day 3- I'm thankful for the peaceful, relaxing camping trip that we took as a family. We didn't have anything going on so we decided to get away, just the 4 of us. Well, Jay joined us for a few hours but for the most part it was just us and it was so nice. We rode the golf cart, played baseball, BBQd, enjoyed the bonfire and the "big boys" went hunting.




Day 4- I'm thankful for the love notes Rob leaves me. It's one of the things that made me fall in love with him in the first place. I can't describe the feeling when I find one "hiding" somewhere. It makes me feel so special and loved, starting my day with a smile. I'm thankful that Rob still puts forth effort to write me notes, something I don't take for granted.
Day 5- I'm thankful for my oldest son. He is so incredibly compassionate and has a heart like no other 4 year old that I've met. He's patient and has good manners, wanting to teach other kids the "right" way to behave. He plays with everyone no matter how different they are from him. The best thing about him? He has such a heart for the Lord. He's always talking about Jesus, praying about things and asking questions to learn more. I'm so thankful for the young man that he's becoming!

No comments: