Thursday, November 21, 2013

....And Another 4 Days....

OK, time to play "Catch Up" again......

Day18:  Today I was thankful for the much needed rain that was falling when we woke up. In fact, it woke me up around 4am because it was coming down so hard. I thought I had left water on in the bathroom. But, alas it was the rain. I have come to love rainy days, using them as an excuse for the rare, but needed "lazy lifestyle" where 5 loads of laundry aren't washed, bathrooms aren't cleaned, floors are not vacuumed.....but instead there is a lot of movie and snuggle time with my boys.

Day 19: Today I'm thankful for the opportunity to watch our neighbor's son. When my neighbor first approached me about watching him every morning at 6:30 I was hesitant to agree. I felt it'd interfere with my special morning cuddle time with P and frankly, I hate waking up to an alarm clock. But it's become one of my favorite times of the day for different reasons. I love it because P gets so excited for Trey to come over every morning. Yes, we have our cuddle time for a quick minute before Trey comes. But then it's little boy giggles and tricking me that Trey's bus has arrived (even though it's still a half hour away from picking him up) and imaginative games and an occasional squabble. I'm thankful that I didn't let my hesitation get in the way of the blessing that it's become.

Day 20: I'm thankful for modern transportation. I'm thankful that I can conveniently hop on a plane and be at my parents' within hours. I'm thankful that I don't have to spend days driving to Cali but can leave at lunch time and be there before bedtime.

**On a sidenote, I'm extremely thankful that it was Easton's best flight to date. Even flight attendants and passengers commented on how well both of the boys did. I couldn't be more proud or happy!

Day 21: I was going to save the best for last, but I couldn't wait....Today I'm thankful for Rob. I'm thankful that I'm married to someone who works so hard to support our family and someone who works on our marriage. He is generous and thoughtful, often bringing me little gifts or leaving notes to let me know he appreciates and loves me. Yesterday he graciously took time off work to take us to the airport because he knew how stressed I was flying with the boys and all our luggage. I'm thankful that I'm married to my best friend.

*****I know I haven't been blogging about every day life and I have a photo shoot to blog about. I will get to all of it but I have so much on my never ending "To Do" list that I have to prioritize.  Hopefully, since my parents graciously and excitedly watch the boys, I'll be able to catch up on everything while in Cali. I'll get around to it...hopefully sooner rather than later!

No comments: