Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Day 9, 10, 11 and Today

Ok, now I'm really behind so here's another "catch up" blog.....

Day 9- I'm thankful for lazy Saturday mornings. It was nice to wake up without the help of an alarm clock. Then I enjoyed cuddling with my boys in bed while watching cartoons. When we got out to the family room we cuddled by the fireplace (OK, I chased Easton to keep him away from the fireplace) while I drank my French pressed coffee and P enjoyed hot cocoa. It was nice not to have to be on "the go" from the moment we woke up like we have been doing.

Day 10- I am thankful for our church here and have missed it the past couple weekends that we've been out of town. Other than my childhood church, I've never felt more at home than I do at ODBC. Members of the congregation always stop me and ask about specific things that have been mentioned in conversations the previous week or on FB. The sermons are always Biblically based and keep me thinking throughout the week. I'm thankful that I found a church right from the get-go that we enjoy going to and feel connected at.

Day 11- Today I'm thankful for all the veterans, young and old, who have fought for our freedom. Soldiers give themselves unconditionally and sacrifice so much, asking for nothing in return. I'm grateful for the freedom they provide.

Today- As I am every day, I'm thankful for my youngest son. He's at the phase in life where he only wants Mama, which is a blessing and a curse. I love my cuddles with him but would like him to be happy with someone else when I get a break every once in awhile. He's also at the phase where he keeps me on my toes. He's quizzical and analytical....quite the combination. I love watching his personality develop and watch the bond between him and "Bubba" develop. I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for his future.

No comments: