Sunday, November 17, 2013

Making up for 4 days.....

Day 14: We woke to the coldest morning yet. Frost on the ground....and no heat in the house. I thought we had moved past that after moving out of the dump we lived in previously but every house has its hiccups I guess. Today I'm thankful that, despite not having a working heater, we stayed warm. I'm thankful that the boys have footsie jammies and thick blankets to keep them warm throughout the night. I'm thankful that we have a fireplace that kept me warm in the early morning. I'm thankful that the heater guy came within an hour of us waking up and fixed the circuit board so we could have heat once again. And most of all I'm thankful that this is not a way of life for us anymore. We don't have to worry about cold nights and limited indoor heating like we did at our old house and that so many people do on a daily basis during the Winter months.

Day 15: I can't believe I ever thought I'd be thankful for this but I'm thankful for all the meat Rob provides for the family. I've tried (and liked) meats I never thought I'd try. We have a freezer full of the most organic deer meat you could imagine and it tastes 1000% better than NV deer meat. Sometimes Rob's hunting passion drives me crazy but I'm thankful that he provides delicious meat for our family.

Day 16: Friday night was a rough night with the boys and my hip hurting so I didn't get much sleep. I'm still trying to limit my caffeine intake so I only had decaf coffee on hand in the house. That means that today I'm thankful for ALL the Starbucks gift cards I was given for my birthday and for the Starbucks points a family friend sends me that earns me free coffee. The boys love that I usually order a slice of lemon pound cake as well because they enjoy sharing it with me. (Who knew that slice was so small when shared 2 1/2 ways?) I'm thankful that Starbucks makes it easy for me to get my caffeine kick when I need one but even more thankful that I didn't have to pay for it out of my own pocket.

Day 17- Today I'm thankful that I'm finally pursuing my dream of being a photographer. I've been obsessed with photography since I was a child and wish I wouldn't have listened to the naysayers when I was younger. I could've been way more advanced than I am at this point. But I am thankful for the courage, resources and encouragement from friends and family to make my dream come true now. Whether I'm able to make it financially enough to not have to ever obtain another job has yet to be seen but my business is picking up and I'm thankful I get to do something I love while staying home with my boys.

No comments: