Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Days of Thanks

If you've read our blog for more than just this year you know I'm usually on top of blogging but I swear, I can't keep up for anything these days. So, here's another "Catch Up" blog for all that I'm thankful for, not just this month but every day.....
PS. I'm on a tight time frame because I have a lasagna in the oven so forgive any typos or grammatical errors. I'll fix them later.

Nov. 22- I'm so thankful for my social life here in Cali/NV. In BR I talk to our neighbors and church members but have yet to really do any socializing sans kiddos. Since arriving Wednesday night (and actually before that) I've had friends text and message me on FB, asking when I was free to get together. Not only am I thankful for my social life, but I'm extremely thankful for my parents' willingness and enthusiasm in watching the boys so I can do things sans kiddos. It'll be refreshing to take my "Mom Hat" off a few times while here.

Nov. 23- I'm thankful for the prayer warriors in my life. I've never been one to really preach to non-believers (or people that have different Christian beliefs than me) but I do call upon a handful of prayer warriors when needed. Last night Easton was running a fever yet again and I knew it'd be a rough night. I posted on our SS FB page and asked the members to pray for Easton. Miraculously, he had a good night and woke without a fever Saturday morning. I'm thankful for answered prayer requests!

Nov. 24- Today I'm thankful for my family. I can't imagine a better family than my own. We laugh together, have open communication, ask advice from each other, support each other and sometimes disagree with each other. Each family member brings a different dynamic for which I am thankful. My dad is the quiet, but strong spiritual leader of our family. He offers sound advice and then steps back to let my brother and I decide for ourselves at to whether we'll follow it. He's a Mr. Fix It and I love to watch him show P how to fix various things. If something breaks we know he'll do everything in his power to fix it. My mom is one of the most thoughtful, giving people I know. She doesn't think twice about making complete strangers gifts just because. She is strong beyond belief. Without elaborating, I can't imagine being as strong as she is on a daily basis. She's also one of the most creative people I know. She looks at something and immediately figures out how she can make it (usually better than the original). My brother has become not only my brother but one of my closest friends. I confide in him and he, like my dad, will give advice without passing judgment. He's got a quick sense of humor and adds life to a conversation. I've learned a lot from him, especially about being open and quick to forgive.

Nov. 25- This morning I can't begin to tell you how thankful I am for my mom's help last night. We were going on Night 2 of Operation No Sleep due to a sick baby. When he woke me up 3 hours after I went to bed I started crying because I knew I wasn't going to get anymore sleep for the night. And I wouldn't have it my mom hadn't stepped in. She gave him some medicine, took him and told me to go back to sleep while she rocked him. Soon I heard his little baby snores and was so happy to go back to sleep for another few hours. My mom has been known as the "Baby Whisperer" and she proved it last night.

Nov. 26- Not only am I thankful for the family I was born into but the family I married into. I have felt more like a "blood relative" than an inlaw from Day 1. My inlaws are extremely generous and giving. They are loving and always welcome me with open arms. I'm thankful that God brought them into my life.

No comments: