Thursday, February 6, 2014

Friends, Family and Fun

Before this weekend gets here I have to say a thing or two about last weekend. It was one of the best weekends I've had here. Hunting season is over, the sun was out and we had lot of plans. Our weekend included family, friends, 2 birthday parties, fresh fish....and time in the dentist chair. I may be crazy but I actually enjoy going to the dentist. So, when my Saturday started at the dentist getting an "emergency" filling I considered it quiet, "ME" time. I knew then that it was going to be a good weekend~ and I was right. When I got home Rob went across the street to go fishing. So P and I went out in the backyard while E was taking a nap. Once he woke up, the boys and I went across the street to see Rob. We came back to the house long enough for Rob to clean the bass he had caught and then we took off to a family birthday party for our 5 yr old second (or third or fourth??) cousin. It was a beautiful afternoon so we spent the time chatting with family in the backyard while the kids had fun playing together. We had to leave early because the boys were going to have  a "Guys' Night" at home while I celebrated our pastor's wife's birthday. I met up with a group of ladies from the church at a local Mexican restaurant. I thoroughly enjoyed spending time with them, getting to know them, laughing with them. It was fun being with women my own age and eating Mexican food. It was a great way to end a fun day! Sunday we went to church together as a family then the little guys and I napped while Rob fished. When Easton woke up from his nap, Rob took him to the store to buy stuff for dinner so P and I could sleep longer. When I woke up the Super Bowl was on and Rob was getting ready to fry some fresh fish for dinner. We enjoyed a small feast while watching the game. It was a great weekend from beginning to end, one I'll look back on with fond memories!

No comments: