Saturday, April 3, 2010

9 months and counting....


Today marks Preston's 9 month birthday. Our baby is looking (and acting) less like a baby and more like a toddler these days. He now says, "Mama and Dada" and knows who is who. He also waves good-bye on command. It's cute because he started out waving the correct way but now he waves backwards and stares at his hand as if he can't believe it's making that motion. He loves playing with all of his toys but especially enjoys puzzles and books now. On top of that he's crawling, pulling himself up into standing position, getting his own toys out of his toybox and starting to throw little temper tantrums if he doesn't get his way. Yesterday, at Walmart, he decided he was done shopping (I don't blame him because 1 1/2 hours in that store is a little excessive even to me and I love shopping.). He was going through my purse, trying find something to play with. He found my phone, at which point I took it from him. He started crying and put his head down on the cart handle, not looking at me. The next day he was crawling to me in the kitchen. He was extremely tired but I had stuff to do so I didn't go halfway to pick him up. He got mad at me, covered his head and started yelling, "Dada, Dada, Dada...". All these changes are fun- for the most part- but come with added gray hair. Last night in the bathtub he took a tumble and was face down in the water. I sit with him while he bathes so I was there to grab him and get him upright but it scared me to death. Several times this week he's pulled himself up only to lose his balance and do face plants. He's used Holly to pull himself up, which she does not like in the least. So many changes, things to enjoy and things to give me heart failure. I thank God for it all, as Preston is such a blessing to all that know him. He is truly amazing!

No comments: