Friday, April 30, 2010

Productive Family Day

Rob was going to take this weekend off as it's mandatory to take at least one day off every 20 days of work. But, after talking last night about our finances, he decided it would be more beneficial to work the entire weekend and take today off. So that's what he did and we're enjoying every minute of our family day. We slept in, ate a big breakfast, called my mom to wish her a happy 60th birthday, got some stuff done around the house and then headed out to run errands. Our first stop was a secret place where we made Mimi (Rob's mom) a Mother's Day gift. From there we went to check on 2 foreclosure houses that my friend hired me to look at for her (I work part time, hit or miss, doing odds and end real estate tasks for her business). After that we went to sign papers for our new auto insurance plan. Yesterday I spent the afternoon shopping around because our plan goes up time the policy gets renewed and I'm getting sick of how expensive it is getting. From there we toured the two daycares I had looked into a couple weeks ago. Rob had the same impression as me with the first one....kind of bland with not a lot of color but other than that he liked it. The second place we walked into and, while we were waiting for an employee to give us a tour, we saw the teacher that would be working with Preston forcefully put a child back down for nap. She didn't see us standing there and when she did she completely changed her tune. At that point, both Rob and I were ready to leave, knowing we would not subject Preston to that. It made our daycare decision an easy one. We got home not too long ago and both boys are sleeping while I enjoy some quiet time on the computer. When they wake up it'll be time for the Nationwide race and hamburgers for dinner. I love days like this and am glad Rob was able to spend the day at home.

No comments: