Saturday, April 24, 2010

Dancing in the Rain

"Life is not about how to survive the storm but learning how to dance in the rain" is a quote a friend posted on FB this morning. It's my new favorite quote because it's so true. For the past week or so, I've been looking at the glass half empty. Last night I got a wake up call at a work party that I went to with Rob. One of his co-workers and I had a long talk about how negativity can really get you down. Usually I'm a "glass half full" kinda girl but it seems the weight of the world has been on our shoulders lately. After talking to Aron for quite awhile last night I realized how true the above quote is. We need to make the most of the blessings we've been given....a healthy happy baby, a good marriage, a beautiful home, loving family, wonderful friends, lots of extras that most people can't afford right now. So, I've decided that I will not wallow in self pity, but will continue to look on the bright side of things. That being said, I actually slept pretty good last night for the first time in a couple weeks. I didn't lay awake worrying about the future and the unknown because, as Aron said, it can only dig you into a hole of negativity.

Today I am looking forward to getting together with another mom to take the boys for a walk, am looking forward to lunch with a good friend. Tonight I am looking forward to Rob being home and shish kabobs on the grill. Tomorrow I'm looking forward to church, the Dega race and my parents coming to visit for a couple days. The weather is beautiful, picture perfect in fact, so my dad and I will get a lot of accomplished around the house while my mom hangs out with Preston. I'm really looking forward to the next few days!

No comments: