Thursday, June 21, 2012

Fine Line

P has had the last 2 weeks off from preschool. Last week my main focus was on unpacking and organizing the house. So this week I've tried to make the week mostly about him. It's been a fine line between getting things done (ie errands, laundry, housework) and making time with him a priority. He started swim lessons on Monday, which he's enjoying. Yesterday we met up with some friends to have a picnic at the park after swim lessons. Today we met up with some friends from Sacto to spend some time at the lake. Tomorrow we're meeting up with some friends at the local water park. It's been a super fun week for me and him, but I'm worn out! I also feel like I still haven't gotten the house organized and I desperately need to clean it. But sometimes-okay, 99% of the time-it's more important to spend time with your child than to have a spotless house (right, Mom??) It's a fine line but I'd rather create the fun memories, knowing next week I MAY have a chance to actually relax and do my own thing when P's back at school. (Actually, I'll only have 1 day to myself for my entire Summer break but such is life.) Here are a couple pics from today's fun....

No comments: