Saturday, June 23, 2012

Much Needed R&R

I was beginning to believe that there was not going to be a relaxing day for me this Summer. Between the end of the school year, moving and weekend trips I have not had a day to just SIT. If you know me, you know that it's rare that I long for a relaxing day but I felt like one was much needed. Today proved to be the relaxing day that I had only dreamed about. P crawled into bed with me shortly after Rob went to work this morning and we went back to sleep....well, maybe he didn't (???) but I did! Then when I woke up we laid in bed for a few minutes, cuddling and watching "Toy Story".  When I finally rolled out of bed, I saw ominous clouds looming and figured it'd be a good day to get things done inside. At P's request he went outside and as he was walking out the door he asked if I could make it rain on him please. Although it's nice that he thinks I possess God-like powers, I had to explain that I could not do that. After doing a few things around the house, I had the best of intentions of running a few quick errands this morning. But when I looked out in the backyard and saw the fun P was having I decided to let him be. An hour or so after he went outside, he came back in and asked if he could put his jammies on- something he NEVER does. After he got them on, we cuddled on the couch and watched "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" until lunchtime. When lunch was over and I told him we were going to lay down for an early nap he didn't protest. Once he wakes up then we'll run the couple errands that I have, but I can't begin to tell you how nice today has been- with P's attitude and how relaxing it's been. I pray for more days like these in the future because it's just what we both needed!

No comments: