Friday, June 8, 2012

Goodbye House

I wasn't planning on blogging until next week because it's moving weekend!! (Today we get the keys to our new place and pick up the U-Haul) But, when the sun shone in our room bright and early, causing me to wake up well before my alarm went off I decided to write a farewell poem for our house. I don't know if you've read the children's book "Goodnight Cowboy" or "Goodnight Moon" but I patterned my poem in a similar fashion...
                                                                Goodbye House

 Goodbye pennant windows that give us so much light

We will now cherish sleeping through the dark night.


Goodbye water that made bath time yellow

You caused more stress than kept us mellow.


                               Goodbye little mice that filled my dreams

You caused my heart to stop and some shrilling screams.

Goodbye coyotes, horses and brown bear

You will now have someone else’s garbage for which to tear.


Goodbye friendly ghost who roamed the hall

Rob will not miss you, not one bit at all.


Goodbye whitetop weeds that grow so high

That nothing would kill you off that we could buy


Goodbye beautiful views from near to far

The daily commute to see you was worth the damage to my car.

Goodbye barn house where we brought home our son

Although I’m glad we’re leaving, we did have some fun!


No comments: