Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Time to Catch Up!

Since we have not had internet for over a week and because life was so busy and stressful the week before that, I hope you're ready for a book. Lots to blog about to catch you up on our lives. Where to start?
I guess I can start with my job. Up until the last week of school I was told I wouldn't have a job at my school next year. I jumped through the hoops and played the games but still was uncertain. In fact, I got an email and a call the last week of school informing me that I'd be teaching 3rd grade at a different school next year that is on a completely different schedule than I'm currently on. I practically begged to stay at school and my principal agreed with a price....I'd have to teach Kindergarten. So as of now I'll be at my current school teaching Kindergarten. Between me and you I am not happy about my job position and am hoping that a part time position will open in ESL (teaching students that don't speak English as their first language) or as a Dean (kind of like an assistant principal) before the new school year starts next month.
The weekend after school was out I had a Professional Development day that I had to attend while P stayed with my parents and Rob and our friends moved our stuff to the new house. We're still not settled in and Rob and I can't agree on how to arrange the furniture downstairs but we've got the basics taken care of. Our only complaints are that the water is worse than it had been at our old house and this house doesn't have A/C (something I can live without but Rob can't). We got a call today that the sale of our old house is final and we are no longer the owners of it. I can't really say I'm sad like I thought I would be. It's so nice being close to civilization and having a yard for P to run around in. Tonight, after dinner, Rob and I sat on the porch while P played in the front YARD with the dogs, something I had longed to do at our old house.
Last week Rob and I celebrated our 4 year anniversary. Instead of going out on a date night, we decided to make the day a family event. We went to a dr appt together (I'll tell ya about that later) and then took afternoon naps. That night we went to the rodeo for Extreme Bulls, our favorite night. Rob and I had decided that, with all the stress and financial obligations, we'd forgo our annual anniversary trip and I'm glad we did. It was a fun, relaxing day as a family.
This past weekend we celebrated Father's Day doing something near and dear to Rob's heart...an archery shoot with friends. We enjoyed campfires, good food and great times with friends. I was kind of in a funk because I was worried about my mom. She has been dealing with health issues for the past week and is currently back in the hospital as I write this. It's not my place to explain all that is going on with her but the doctors are running tests and figuring out a solution...hopefully one that won't require surgery. So that had me down and worried but overall it was fun. P looked like Pigpen all weekend because he had so much fun sliding down dirt hills, hiking and making mud. It was a nice family get away!
The biggest news of our lives?? We found out that, after a couple years of trying and some medical intervention (ie. fertility treatment), we are expecting our second child early 2013!!! Although it's still surreal, we are excited beyond belief! P is cute because he doesn't quite understand the concept. He thinks I'm for sure giving him a baby brother and he thinks he has a brother in his belly as well. He told his friend at school to not push him down because the little boy would hurt his baby brother in his belly.
So, there you have it....the LONG and the short of all that's been going on in our lives the past few weeks. Enjoy the following pictures from the past couple weeks.... (I'll post pictures of our new house in the next few days)




No comments: