Thursday, June 28, 2012

Monster to Cutie Pie

Rob and I were at our wits end earlier this week with our lil guy. He was hitting, throwing things (usually at me), purposely trying to break things and back talking like no one's business. Nothing-rewards or punishment-were working. Then two nights ago, as if some angel from above came down and transformed our son back into the sweet lovable kid that he is, he changed. The past 2 days have been blissfully happy and unstressful in the Herrington household. Yesterday we went to swim lessons and then met up with friends at the water park. While we were at the water park, I was telling my friend how I didn't have to keep a close eye on P this time like I had to last Summer when I had taken him there. Just as I was saying that I saw him about 300 yards away, his swim trunks down around his ankles, and proudly peeing into the toddler swim area. Young girls were screaming and running away, mothers were looking frantically for me and I....well, I was hiding. I finally went over to help him when it was obvious that not only could he not get his wet swim trunks up but that no one would go near him while he was exposed. Of course as I'm walking over there our family photographer that has known me for a few years blurts out, "Hey Jen, I thought that was P and I was wondering where you were while he was publicly relieving himself."
Last night P had a hard time going to sleep so I figured today would be a tough day. Plus, he was starting a new class at school which I thought would throw him for a loop. When I went to pick him up the owner, the secretary and his new teacher all met me at the door with cheshire grins plastered on their faces. I asked how his first day in his new class was and they are started laughing, saying it was good but they had a story to share. Apparently while all the kids were riding their bikes during Bike Day, his new teacher looked over to see P's shorts down to his ankles...and yes, you guessed it...peeing all over. Besides peeing wherever he feels the need, he had a great day. He's been a perfect angel all night, making us both laugh quite a bit. In fact, he's so excited for his carrot seeds to produce something that he checks them several times a day. Tonight he proudly announced that his carrots were growing. He was so excited that I had to look. When I did I started laughing hysterically because he had taken carrots out of the fridge and had shoved them in the dirt where his seeds were planted.
Days like the past 2 days are a blessing! We've had so much fun and he and I are looking forward to more fun with visiting my parents this weekend. (Hopefully my angel sticks around!)

**Make sure to scroll down to the other blog from today as well.**

No comments: