Friday, January 7, 2011

Bad Boys! Bad Boys!

Be careful what you tease others about because it could come back to bite ya! Earlier this week I was teasing Rob about his driving and his lead foot. In fact, I told him I wanted to drive to Scheels because if he did then I'd be out of gas by the time we got home. Now he's the one teasing me. Let me fill ya in....
I was eager to get P after a long day at school. When I turned on to the street I noticed 2 motorcycle cops. I didn't think much about them until one of them got behind me and turned on his lights. When I pulled over he asked if I knew why he had pulled me over. (Why do they ask that? DUH!) Since we weren't at a stop sign I knew it was because of speeding. After taking my info to check, he came back and informed me I was going 15 miles over the speed limit. Now I know I was going faster than the speed limit but 15 miles an hour faster?? I think not! I graciously informed him he was mistaken and that I didn't deserve a ticket. I told him my husband is the one in the family that gets the tickets, not me. He smiled and handed me the ticket anyway, making it seem like he was being nice by writing on the ticket that I was going 10 miles an hour over the speed limit instead of 15. He then informed me that the speed limit was 25 mph. I was quick on the draw (no pun intended) and told him that once again he was wrong, that the speed limit was indeed 35 mph. He smiled and told me to go back past him at 35 and see what happened. I grabbed the ticket, thanked him for ruining my day and (slowly) drove off. From here on out I will set my speedometer for 25 every time I drive down that street, even though I think that's a ridiculous speed limit for a business area. And next time I see them maybe I'll roll down my window and blare the "Cops" theme song... "Bad boys! Bad boys! Whatcha gonna do..." just so it makes me feel better for getting a lousy ticket when I thought I was only going 5 miles over the speed limit. Humph!

No comments: