Sunday, January 23, 2011

Picture Perfect!


Every weekend this year has been perfect. Maybe it's because of the Spring like weather. Or maybe it's because Rob isn't working as much as he has been the past few months. Or maybe it's because we're so busy during the week that it makes us appreciate our free time more on the weekends. Or maybe it's because we're spending more time being active and less time in front of the TV. I don't know the reason but I know I love the weekends....even if they do move a little too fast!
This weekend was no exception. I hadn't slept well during the week so Friday night Rob drew me a hot bubble bath while I put P to bed. After soaking in a candle lit bath I went to bed....at 7:30!! It was absolutely fabulous to get 10 hours of dreamless, peaceful sleep. Then yesterday we drove to Sacramento, where we dropped P off at my parents' house. He had a blast with them while Rob and I had a 24 hour date. It started at the Sportsmen's Expo, where we looked at hundreds of exhibits. We also watched a sporting dog event and it was so warm outside at the event we shared a shaved ice to cool off. Then we went to a hotel that we got for the night and relaxed. When our friends, Mike and Margaret, got to the hotel we all went to the Ducks Unlimited banquet. I can't say I was overly impressed with the banquet. This was my 2nd time at a crab feed and I've learned that crab is too rich for my system. We did have a great time with Mike and Margaret though! This morning the 4 of us met downstairs for breakfast and then we sadly parted ways. When we picked P up at my parents' church I had no doubt he had a blast. When we walked in he looked at us like, "Oh, it's just you guys!" and went back to dancing and clapping with his grandma. He humored us by letting us hold him for a few minutes each but then he wanted back on his grandma's lap. Upon leaving church we made the drive back home. The afternoon has been a relaxing one: watching the playoffs, napping and playing. I also went for a short run/walk on the treadmill but after a few minutes my foot was hurting so I called it quits. All in all it's one picture perfect weekend!

No comments: