Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Home

Rob longs for home on a daily basis, wanting to be back on Southern soil. I, on the other hand, am a staunch believer that "Home is where the heart is." Since Rob and P are my heart that means my heart is in Nevada. Today is the first day that I got a glimpse of what Rob misses. For the first time in almost 3 years, I missed everything about Sacramento...except the foggy weather. I miss my old comfort zone. I miss my true, close friends. I miss calling my parents and telling them I've had a bad day and I'll be coming over for dinner. I miss the familiarity of my life.
I made the best of the day, despite my longing for home. I enjoyed the sunshine by working outside, got some touch-up painting done inside, read P a million truck books, updated schoolwork and finished a manuscript to be sent to yet another magazine. Although I had a productive day, I could've dropped it all and cried my eyes out in a heartbeat. Luckily, P doesn't allow me to have that moment. So we went to my classroom, a place that's always been a safe haven for me, and to the playground to meet up with his little friends. But, the highlight of my day was when Rob called. He asked if he could take me to Olive Garden, one of my favorite places, to cheer me up. He hates that place as much as my dad so it truly was an act of love. The dinner was great as was the company of my two boys. It almost made me forget...........

No comments: