Monday, January 10, 2011

Can We Rewind?

Do you ever have one of those perfect weekends that you want to go back and re-live? That's what this past weekend was like for me. Friday I was still jet lagged and tired from going back to work. So, Rob and I went to bed early. Saturday P and I met up with one of my good friends that we hadn't seen in awhile. We had breakfast at Mimi's and I highly recommend the new asparagus omelet if you choose to eat there in the near future. After running a few errands, P and I came home. Rob came home early from work and we all got to take a nice long afternoon nap. Once we all woke up we had a fun family evening. We grilled shish kabobs, using the meat from Rob's mule deer hunt. We played, laughed and relaxed together. Yesterday was as busy as Saturday was relaxing. After going to the early church service, where P was able to sit through the service (YAY!), we came home so P could nap. He had other ideas and didn't go down til noon. About that time our friends, Mike and Margaret, stopped by on their way home from Tahoe. We hadn't seen them since our wedding so it was fun catching up. I felt bad but we had to kick them out because we had to take P to his girlfriend's house before Rob and I met with Ruby's trainer. It was nice seeing Ruby and we look forward to her being home again. Our friends asked us to stay for dinner when we picked P up but we were all tired from a busy day. So we came home, had dinner and watched UNR win the Kraft Bowl. Actually, I fell asleep before the game was over.
I don't usually work on Mondays but I covered for my teaching partner today so that made today a hard Monday. Then P got sick so Rob took off work and got him from daycare. They had a relaxing day of naps and father/son cuddling. I guess if you have to work on Monday it's nice to have such a nice weekend. One that was productive, fun filled and yet had its relaxing moments. Perfect combination!

No comments: