Sunday, January 30, 2011

You Just Gotta........

laugh when you're a parent! One thing that P has taught me is that you never want to take life too seriously. Enjoy the little things and laugh often. Today was no exception!
We got to church and I was pleasantly surprised when P fell asleep immediately. Usually it's a circus act to even sit through half of the service. So, when he fell asleep on the pew next to me I was thrilled. Soon after the worship time finished and all was quiet a noise erupted next to me. Having been around P lots of times when he's been sleeping, I knew right away that that noise was him snoring. However, people around us may have never heard a 18 mo old make the noise of a 70 year old obese man when he sleeps. People kept turning around, trying to figure out what the sound was. It surely wasn't me so I looked straight ahead until the newness wore off and people gave up. If that wasn't enough to laugh about, P woke up right before communion. I don't remember the last time I've taken communion so I was happy that I'd have the chance today. The music began and I was cherishing the moment of feeling God's presence while P snuggled in my lap. Once the music stopped, our pastor went to the front to explain the reason for communion. Wouldn't you know that's the time P put his lips together and made a loud, rather obnoxious farting sound with his mouth?! I have no doubt that the entire congregation heard him but no one even looked our way. During communion, a picture of Jesus was put on the big screen in front of the sanctuary. P immediately pointed at it and began yelling, "Da-ddddyyyyyy!". I tried my best not to laugh but it was an impossible feat. I explained- in a whisper- that that was Jesus not Daddy. We had a few minutes left in the service but P was getting antsy so I told him we were going to go. Big mistake! He began yelling, "Buh-bye" and waving to everyone. Oh the joys of parenthood with a toddler!! I love it all and it makes me laugh!!!

No comments: