Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Vacation...as told by P

Hi! Welcome Back! Happy New Year! My mommy, daddy and me went on a vacation and I'm so excited to tell you about it. I have a lot to say and am good on the computer but I don't know my alphabet yet so mommy will help me with this blog. So, get a cup of that brown stuff mommy always says she needs in the morning and sit a spell cause this will be a long one.

Three weeks ago I got on a big plane with my mommy and daddy. I haven't been on a plane for a few months so I was excited! My mommy and daddy said I did a good job. I got to see neat things and meet a little boy when we stopped at a big building for awhile.


When I got to MS I got to see Mimi at the airport. She was so happy to see me! When I got to their house, I got to see Grandpa, who was also happy to see me. I saw Hobie and he wasn't so happy to see me. I learned quick to stay away from him because he doesn't like to share his toys or bones or food. The next day I got to see my cool Uncle Jay. He works at a fun place. When I visit him at work I get to eat sketti or pancakes or this brown and green stuff that my mom calls fried okra. After I eat I play with the fishing weights or play catch with the golfballs. The people coming to see my Uncle Jay don't know I want to play catch cause when I throw the golfball it hits them in the leg. Mommy didn't like that so she took me to see the ish instead. There's lots of ish at Uncle Jay's work but some of them scare me cause I think I'm going to fall in the box with them. Uncle Jay has a fun doggie named Waylan. He lives by Uncle Jay's work so I liked playing with him. He gave me lots of kisses!


We did so much fun stuff while we visited Mimi and Grandpa! We went to Bass Pro where I got to see the ish (fish) and dee (deer) and beh (bear). I also got to sit in a boat and pretend I was driving. One thing we did at Bass Pro that didn't make me happy was sitting by this big stranger in a red suit. Mommy made me sit by him when we were at home, too, and no one understands that I don't like the man no matter what he brings me.



When we were at Mimi and Grandpa's house I had fun with the squirrels and birds and just exploring. Mimi showed me how to feed the birds and squirrels. One day I even built them a bridge to the acorns I had collected. I think they liked it cause when I stood at the window I watched them get the acorns. A couple times I got to see this big green truck come to the house. A man got out and dumped a tall bucket in the back of his truck. He waved to me and that made me feel special!


My Mimi and Grandpa bought me a drumset like my Uncle Josh's. I spent a lot of time practicing, trying to get as good as him. My favorite time to play them was right when I woke up, before anyone else was awake. No one seemed to like my drums then but I did. (In this picture, Uncle Walt is showing me how to play)


One morning I woke up and there were toys everywhere! I also had a big red sock that had grapes and ish (Goldfish) in it. There was also a horse to ride and trains and balls and a cell phone and lots of other fun stuff. While I was playing with my new toys a bunch of people came over to Mimi and Grandpa's house to eat. I liked playing with the kids that were there (someone said they were my cousins, whatever that is) and I did my best to share my new toys. Some of them even brought more toys and books for me, which was fun.


We went to this place called deer camp a lot. I really liked it there because I could run around and collect acorns and play on Grandpa's golf cart and ride on my Jeep and swing and run around some more. I even got to put some of my stick collection on the big fire Grandpa and Daddy made. I stood there and yelled "Haw" to let everyone know it was hot and not to get too close. Daddy killed a dee and so did mommy. Mommy used the meat for shish kabobs and everyone said it was good but I went to bed early and didn't get any.


Mommy, Mimi and Daddy shared the car so I got to stay at the house a lot. I had fun but I wanted to go play other places. One day Mommy and Mimi said we should go to a museum. I didn't know what that was but we got to this place and it had lots of fun things to play on. All I wanted to do was drive the produce truck. It was very hard for me to share the truck with other kids cause it was so much fun to drive. I played on a slide and played with water but every time mommy or daddy put me down I ran back to the produce truck. After we left the museum we went to this neat park. I could've played there all day because it was so much fun!!


That night mommy and daddy were supposed to go to Uncle Jay's for something called New Years but then we played in a closet instead. I liked the closet because I had my new doggie flashlight and ish to eat. I didn't understand why Mimi and Grandpa were sitting in the hall with pillows over their heads. They looked silly to me but they said it was to stay safe in case the tornado hit their house. Nothing ever happened and everyone went to bed safe.


The last day we were there we had a fun day. We visited Uncle Jay, where lots of people wanted to hold and kiss me. Then we went to another park. I liked playing with the kids and playing on the slide. Soon we had to leave to go back to the airport. I didn't like saying bye bye to Mimi and Grandpa and Uncle Jay because I had fun with them. But I had to get back home so mommy and daddy could work.


We were on an airplane for a really long time. So long I thought we'd never get home. I tried to sleep cause I was tired but it was too loud. When we got home I was happy to see Holly but I miss Ruby. Mommy said she's at doggy school so she learns how to mind. I had a fun vacation and can't wait to go visit Mimi and Grandpa and Uncle Jay again!!

** P.S. Mommy said she wanted you to know that if you're on FB she will post over 200 pics but just not today. (She seems kinda stressed if you ask me.)

No comments: