Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

















Today is a day to celebrate that Jesus is risen! He died for my sins, something I don't take for granted. But growing up, my parents also made it such a fun filled family day. We dyed eggs, did an egg hunt and had huge Easter baskets. Then we'd have a nice family dinner after church. These are traditions that have been important to me, something I'd like to carry on with our children. So far we're doing good on keeping up the traditions. P participated in 3, yes 3, egg hunts. We also dyed eggs when we were in MS. Today the Easter bunny brought him a small basket with a fire truck and lots of treat filled eggs. After a big breakfast, we went to church as a family. The service was beautiful and I'm so glad we were able to go as a family. Once we got home the boys took naps and I read then we enjoyed a big ham dinner. Although the wind was blowing, we went outside for a couple hours. P and I dug up weeds and Rob practiced his golf swing. When the neighbor kids came out P was invited to jump on their trampoline, which he loved! Despite a few glitches, all in all, it's been a really good day!

No comments: