Thursday, April 28, 2011

Funk

I've been in a funk this week. Not sure if it's because all my travels are over and life is back to normal or if the book I'm reading is getting to me or life is just...life. I guess it doesn't matter but it'd be nice to get out of The Funk I'm in. On Tuesday Rob found out he didn't get the management position he interviewed for because of politics in the company. We were both bummed about that. Then he had his court case and won that...something we were excited about. I thought it meant he'd be home this Summer recouping from surgery but he's postponing surgery and will be gone for several months...just like last Summer. Fabulous!

One of my favorite books is "Alexander and Terrible, Horrible, No Good Very Bad Day". My mom and I'll call each other once in awhile and say we're moving to Australia. Just like the kid in the book, that means we've had our fill and want to get away from everything. This morning I thought I'd be moving to Australia. Ruby woke P up an hour earlier than usual. Then when I went to get him out of his crib he had filled his diaper...then proceeded to put BOTH hands down his diaper. To say it was a mess is an understatement. From there it was just downhill! P screamed from the time he finished breakfast until the moment we got in the car because Ruby was bugging him. Then he clung to me and started screaming again once I took him to school. I almost got rear-ended on my way to school (It was within inches I'm sure) and I was running late as it was. By the time I got to school I was spent. BUT, once I got to the comfort of my classroom the day got much better. The kids appeared, we had fun working on projects and the rest, as they say, is history! Hopefully tomorrow will be the "magic day" to get me out of The Funk and life will be a bed of roses once again.

No comments: