Wednesday, April 13, 2011

steppin' out

this morning when i woke up, i proceeded to don khaki slacks, dress shoes, blue button up shirt, and belt. after feeling like a duck out of water i then began my commute to the office building where an interrogation was about to begin with me as the guest of honor. the interview time was at 8 am so i got there around 7:45 with several copies of my resume' in hand to give out to the interrogators, i mean interviewers. finally at 8 am i was called into this really small room with a table surrounded by chairs. with a gut full of butterflies i took the seat front and center. i could feel my heart pounding in my throat and was wondering if puking during an interview would be a bad thing. well, the first question began and for whatever reason the nerves went away and i took off. i absolutely at my most uncomfortable worst during interviews. however, halfway through it, i started to actually enjoy it. i realized that i was prepared and there wasnt anything they could ask me that could rattle me. it lasted about an hour. when i walked out, i felt the best ive ever felt about an interview. my thoughts were, "how could they not hire me?" no matter how it turns out, i know i gave it 100% and i left it all on the table for them to decide. if i dont get the job, ill be able to tip my hat to the person that does get it and be able to do it with peace in my heart because i know i did my best. thy will be done. i know that without the help of my wife helping me practice with the interview, dressing me, and my supervisor giving me the material to study, it would have been a disaster. the whole purpose for me applying for the safety job is so that i can have some normality with my family. ill be home every night, work 7-4 monday-friday and have every weekend off. also, our safety program is the worst ive ever seen in any place ive ever worked and i honestly feel that with my experience i can turn that around. we shall see. thanks to everyone for their thoughts and prayers

No comments: