Saturday, April 2, 2011

On a Peak



I've long since learned that life's full of peaks and valleys and, for many reasons, I like to share those with whoever reads our family blog. Lately it seems that I'm living on life's peak. We've been so blessed and I don't take for granted all that God's given us. Yesterday I got to spend the morning in beautiful Tahoe with a friend. We snowshoed to the top of a mountain that overlooked Lake Tahoe. After enjoying the beautiful scenery we hiked back down and went to lunch in town. The weather was so nice that we took our sandwiches to a local park to enjoy the sunshine. From there Rob and I met up after he got off work and enjoyed a 2nd round of golf together. I was so exhausted that by the time we got to the 7th hole I didn't know how I was going to finish the game. But I did and thoroughly enjoyed my time on the course with Rob. When we got home I relaxed while Rob finished installing our new dishwasher. I've wanted a new one since we bought our house but we've never had the financial means to splurge on one. This year we were blessed with a tax return so we used a portion of it on household stuff. It was SOOOOOOO nice to open the dishwasher this morning and find clean dishes! Before I would have had to handwash half the dishes AFTER they'd been run through the dishwasher. It's things like the ones that I've listed that make me realize how good life truly is. As I've said before, this break has been awesome and promises to continue that way!

No comments: