Saturday, April 23, 2011

Saturated Saturday

Although it's been gloomy outside, it's been a rather fun family day! We started the morning with a big family breakfast (the breakfast was big, not the family). Then we bundled up and went down the hill in search of an Easter egg hunt. We found one- all the way across town! Since I am not a pro Easter Egg Hunter anymore, I am naive as to what constitutes a good one. But, I figure if P is happy and ends with a lot of eggs in his basket, then it's good. So, as far as I'm concerned, it was a really good egg hunt. The Easter bunny came in on a firetruck and after the hunt we got to visit animals that were on the property. Once we got home P napped and I went back down the hill to run errands and get a pedi. It's been a couple months since I've splurged on a pedi and, being a pro on pedis, I have to say it was one of the worst ones I've had. The leg massage hurt even though I asked the guy to lay off a bit and the foot water was cold. The nail polish wasn't applied evenly so it looks funky. But my feet are smoother and that's what matters. When I got home, Rob left to go play a round of golf. He's getting better and better every time, making me not want to play golf with him anymore.(HA!) I've decided to boycott this rainy/snowy weather, so once he got home we BBQ'd shish kabobs and had a summer type feast! Rob gave P a bath and I helped the Easter bunny in getting his basket ready for tomorrow.


I can't figure out where to put this part in so it's its own post within this blog. Last year we decided to try our best to give P a sibling. Unfortunately, we have yet to accomplish our goal. However, I realized today, that if we can't make it happen then Ruby makes a good sibling. P and Ruby love and fight just like siblings. They frequently play together and get into trouble together. But they also get on each other's nerves. Every time P has had a snack in his hands today, Ruby has tried to snatch it. A couple times she's been successful and P's run to me, crying. He's mastered, "No No Doggy!" so I've heard that phrase more times than I can count today! So, as much as I'd like to be blessed with a 2nd child, if it's not meant to be then P already has a 4 legged sister that's about his age, one that will continue to keep him company and us entertained.

No comments: