Sunday, December 4, 2011

BBRRRRRR!!!!



The sun is shining but it sure is cold outside. I know because I've been outside plenty this weekend. Yesterday we bundled up and went down the hill to get our Christmas tree. Luckily, I'm not super picky so it only took us about 15 minutes to pick out a tree and get it loaded on the car. I spent the afternoon decorating while the boys napped. Then last night we wore several layers and headed into VC to watch the parade. It's something I enjoy despite the cold. However, P feels differently. Even though they were throwing out candy at the parade he was crying that he wanted to go home. Poor thing wasn't doing well in the 14 degree weather. We got him home and warmed up with a bowl of soup and warm bath (not together of course). After he warmed up, he and I decorated the Christmas tree. He wanted all the ornaments up high....and bunched together.
This morning I got up, put on my long johns and headed down the hill to run a 3 mile fun run in 12 degree temps. The reason for the run was to support Jaimie and her boys. There was a good turn out for the Red-Nosed Run and I enjoyed running with our neighbors. Despite the temps, I was surpringly warm. Even if I had been cold it would've been worth it to me because the run raised about $2500 to give to Jaimie! All in all, I've been enjoying the cold temps and festive activities.

No comments: