Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry CHRISTmas!



I didn't know how I was going to make it to Christmas with such a busy week. But, with the help of Rob and me learning how to let go of unimportant things, I did! Rob, P and I did our family Christmas Friday night. Rob spoiled me and went above and beyond with the gifts he got me. He put thought into each gift, which meant more than the items themselves!
Yesterday we got going early so we could get to my parents' in time to see my brother, sister in law and close family friend. We exchanged gifts before Josh, Ashley and Scott left. After lunch at Chick-fil-A we enjoyed a relaxing afternoon. It was nice to just sit without worrying about what had to get done. Rob, P and I went to the park and played for awhile since the weather was so nice. P and I decorated cookies for Santa and a cake for Jesus's birthday before calling it a day.
Today seemed a little rushed because my parents' church started an hour earlier than usual. Between that and P actually sleeping in, we had to hurry to make it to church on time. After church we enjoyed a nice ham dinner and another walk to the park...this time to try out P's new wagon. P is still under the weather so Rob and I thought it'd be good to get on the road. It was hard to say goodbye but it was such a nice Christmas celebration.

P is at such a fun age for Christmas! He seemed to understand about Santa coming last night and bringing presents but what made me happy is when he talked about today being Jesus's birthday. He got it and that made my heart happier than any present I received! All in all, it was a great Christmas. I hope yours was just as fun and as memorable, one filled with joy and laughter! Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night...........

No comments: