Thursday, December 15, 2011

A Turn for the Better


This week will not go down in the books as being one of the best. P and I have been at odds most of the week and then last night, as I was putting him to bed, I got the stomach bug Rob had had a few days earlier. I can deal with sinus infections and strep throat but I'm a baby when it comes to stomach issues. I was up all night, only sleeping an hour or so in between bathroom visits. At 2:30 am I emailed my principal to tell her I wasn't coming in then spent an hour writing up sub plans. I was bummed not to be going to work because this is my favorite time of the year to teach. Instead I spent the day in bed, something I rarely do. I'm still not feeling 100% but at least my life doesn't revolve around the toilet anymore. And besides, it's a great weight loss program right during the holiday season! I ate a bowl of cereal at 1:30 and a piece of toast at 6pm and I was stuffed...seriously. Hopefully tomorrow I will have my energy and stomach back to normal.
Today was a fun day despite being sick. Correction: tonight was fun. P and I got a much needed break from each other today and by the time I picked him up from school we were back to enjoying each other's company. We went to the bank where we looked for varmints by the parking lot. We went to Walmart where he rode the elephant. Then we came home and cuddled while watching an episode of "Curious George". Then I got extra cuddle time when a coyote started making noise outside, scaring P. We ended the night making a gingerbread train. Although he ate more than he decorated, the train still turned out cute. There's no way on God's green Earth I'd eat any of it because of all the slobber and half eaten candies that went into making it. But it was still a lot of fun for the both of us.
I have no doubt that this weekend will continue to get better. My parents are coming to town tomorrow after work and we're going to have breakfast with Santa on Saturday. Fun times! Have I mentioned lately how much I love the holiday season?

No comments: