Friday, December 2, 2011

What A Week!

I feel like we've packed a month into the past week. 5 days ago we were in MS. 2 days ago Rob was having shoulder surgery to repair a torn labrum. And every day I've woken up sometime around 4am. To say I'm one pooped puppy is an understatement but I wouldn't change a thing about this week.
We got to enjoy a nice family Thanksgiving with our MS family. We went on a mini trip to hear Jay sing at an awards banquet. We watched 3/4 of a Disney on Ice show (The power went out before the end). We spent a couple days at deer camp. We got to spend a lot of family time together. I got to see some beautiful Fall scenery. It was a great time full of family memories.
Our vacation came to an end when Rob, P and I got up at 4am Central time Tuesday to fly back home. Of course our flight was delayed because that always seems to be our luck. By the time we got home, Rob and I were exhausted and P was wound higher than a kite.
Wednesday morning, after a restless night of sleep, we got up early so Rob could head to the surgery center. His shoulder surgery took about an hour and a half and then it took him a little over an hour to come out of it so we could head home. There have been several times when Rob has amazed me but this surgery kind of takes the cake. He has already taken a bath by himself, dresses himself daily without help and has a really positive attitude, despite finding out that he'll be off work for about 4 months (possibly 2 months if he goes back to light duty). It's been so nice having him home, helping with P, being a "family man".
So, although this week has been crazy and I'm worn out I'm glad it's been a memorable week...in a good way. As I close and get ready to go to bed early (yet again) here are some pictures from our trip..........









1 comment:

Mom said...

More AMAZING photos!