Monday, December 26, 2011

Bonding


I have a confession....I was nervous about Rob being home for 3-4 months straight. I've gotten used to doing things on my own, running our household on my own. When he's out of town it always takes a few days to get used to each other when he comes back...only to leave again.
BUT, I'm HAPPY to say I was wrong in being nervous. We have drawn so close in this past month, the closest we've been in awhile. We've become the team I dreamed about when we first got married. We laugh together, cuddle, co-parent, stay up late talking. Rob has helped around the house tremendously! If you know me, you know I HATE doing dishes. So he has stepped in and has taken over doing the dishes most of the time. He has also been a huge help in dealing with P's "Terrible 2's", especially at bedtime. We're a family who runs errands together now, a family who makes family trips, a family who plays and laughs together. Rob being home is soooo much better than I could've anticipated. I've loved every minute of having my best friend around and seriously dread the day he has to head out of town again. Until then I will continue to enjoy my time with him!

No comments: