Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Cooped Up Energy

It was bound to happen. P was going to start feeling better enough to be a pistol but not well enough to be able to go out for some much needed running around time. Today was the day. He was sluggish when he woke up...12 1/2 hours after he had gone to bed! I tried to give him a bath to help "pep" him up but he curled up in a ball, screaming that he didn't want a bath. Once I put him in the tub he cried to get out, which is so uncharacteristic of him. ALL morning he just watched TV and I figured the antibiotics were not doing the trick after all. But all it took was one simple 2 hour nap. He woke up with a vengeance! After that TV and rest were not cutting it for that boy. He marked up the wall with a golf ball, decided he wanted a bath after all....fully clothed, and got in a "dirt fight" with Ruby (ie he threw handfuls of dirt on her while she sat there watching him). I got him to paint a little for a change of scenery. We played lots of catch. He begged me to run on my treadmill but was dismayed when I told him we had to wait until his cough was better. For the first time since Friday, he ate 2 decent sized meals which was the best news of the day! However, by about 5pm Rob and I were counting down the minutes until his bedtime. After reading him a bedtime story we said his prayers. He prayed that Jesus would make him better so he could run on Mommy's treadmill. Hopefully it'll happen in the next day or two so we can all get a reprieve from all his cooped up energy!

No comments: