Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Hallmark Holiday!

Between all of us being sick at one point or another in the past week and a busy weekend, I haven't had time to blog. So....welcome back! I just wanted to take a minute to wish you a Happy Hallmark Holiday. About 6 or 7 years ago I decided that celebrating Valentine's Day is overrated. So when Rob and I first got together I told him I had no desire to exchange gifts on this "holiday". Instead we celebrate the first day of the NASCAR season by giving each other a shirt or hat or..... of our favorite driver.

This year, however, I decided that P needs to celebrate all holidays whether I believe in them or not. When he's old enough, he can make his own choices as to what holidays he wants to celebrate. So, after a breakfast of cinnamon rolls, P gave Rob a Valentine card he had made him. Then we opened the cards my parents sent us and gave P his Hallmark candy. He was in heaven as he stuffed his mouth with as much candy as he could get his hands on. To me, that's what this Hallmark Holiday is all about!!!!

No comments: