Friday, February 24, 2012

Life Is Good!

This week has felt so long but has been so much fun! Wednesday P got a much needed break from us and went to school. I got to lounge around and get things done without a toddler underfoot. Then Rob and I got to go on a date. We enjoyed an early lunch then went to see one of my new favorite movies, The Vow. That's one thing I've really enjoyed about Rob being off on disability...our dates and feeling more like a married couple than I've felt in a couple years.
Yesterday was a busy day at work but it was also a busy day for Rob and P because P decided he was going to be a big boy. He went on the big boy potty all but one time! To celebrate, Rob took him to Chuck E Cheese last night while I hosted my monthly book club meeting. Usually our book clubs last late into the night but we were all exhausted so we called it an early night. Today, at school, I finalized a fundraiser that I had put together to support a local children's cancer foundation. I didn't want to have over $500 in cash lying around so I met up with Rob then we got P and went to the radio-athon to drop off the money. I got to be on a local radio station, talking about how much money our school raised. After my famous moment (HA!), the boys and I topped off the day by going out for a family dinner. I told Rob that as much as I despise TV, I was looking forward to just vegging in front of the TV tonight, relaxing with my boys. I didn't work a lot this week but it felt like I worked 60 hours. That being said, I'm loving my cuddles with P and relaxing time as a family!

No comments: