Saturday, February 22, 2014

Wishful Thinking

I'm having a rough, homesick night and I'm blogging this from my phone so it won't be happy and it won't be long. But this blog is like my journal, a very public journal. I don't share every detail of what's going on when I'm sad but I write enough so when I look back on it I know exactly what was happening in my life at that moment. Tonight I wish more than anything that I could just spend one night in Tahoe with my close girlfriends. Enjoy the beautiful lake, go to dinner, laugh until my stomach hurts. Just get away from sick kids and just be a lady, carefree. To laugh instead of cry and to have a chance at miss being a mom. I don't want to administer medication every 4 hours to kids and a dog. I don't want to hear my boys coughing until they vomit. I don't want to hear them cry because they're miserable. I don't want them to fight over my lap because they both need to be held and comforted at the same time. I just want them better because I'm at my breaking point with illnesses. I just want to be a lady without a care in the world. If only for one night.

No comments: