Sunday, August 21, 2011

Baxter the Bear


At 1:30 Friday morning I was sound asleep when I heard, "Hi!". I got the first glimpse of what my parents went through when my brother and I were little, waking them up in the middle of the night. P was standing there with all his stuffed animals. I put him back to bed, told him it was time to still sleep and crawled back into bed again. A few minutes later he was back in our room so we put him in bed with us. An hour later Rob, P and I were still awake and I knew we had a busy Friday ahead of us. I asked Rob to put him back to bed and started falling back to sleep within minutes. When all of a sudden I heard a loud crash. Then Rob came in the room and asked if I wanted to see the biggest bear he'd ever seen. At that point sleep was much more important so I declined. If I hadn't heard the garbage can crash I wouldn't have known that there was a bear right outside our garage. But Rob, armed with my camera and his pistol, scared the bear away and cleaned up the mess at 3am. Fast forward to Friday night. We went to a concert in Tahoe and when we got home around midnight both of my parents were awake. They informed us that the bear had come back for another visit. This time Baxter (what I nicknamed him) came into our garage to get the garbage can, which Rob had put in there that morning. When my parents heard the loud crash in the garage my dad went to assess the situation with....his camera. He opened the garage door to discover Baxter feasting on old spaghetti. Luckily Baxter is scared of people and has been scared away very easily. I hope that Baxter finds another home to visit because his nightly visits are a little much around here. Until next time Baxter..........

No comments: