Monday, August 1, 2011

3 P's with P

P goes in spurts with getting sick. He'll go a few months without getting sick and then will get one virus after another for awhile. We're dealing with the multiple viruses at the moment. As you already read, I got puked on Saturday. His cough is so bad that it makes him gag and sometimes throw up. I was the lucky one holding him when that happened Saturday. Last night we decided to take him to the ER because we couldn't get his fever down and he hadn't had a wet diaper since his nap. While we were explaining this to the RN (or whoever it was that acted bothered to check him out) he pee'd through his diaper....and onto my shirt. I guess he wanted to prove me wrong and make us realize we didn't need to be seeing a doctor when it was bedtime. This morning, much to my dismay, I realized I wasn't going to be able to go to school to greet my students on their first day (Luckily my teaching partner was there). P's fever has come and gone all day. He has drank a liter of Pedialyte but it doesn't stay him in for long. This afternoon he came running out of our room yelling, "I pooopy!". Unfortunately it didn't stay in his diaper. Needless to say I didn't just have a messy bum to clean up. :( I wish I could say that, as I write this, he's on the road to recovery. But his fever is back and he's not wanting to drink anything anymore. He did eat some Cars Cheese (mac n cheese) which was the first solid thing he's eaten since Saturday morning...other than a cookie this morning. He just looks sick and it breaks my heart. I'll be glad to see his doctor in the morning so we can get some answers and SOLUTIONS! The Three P's is more than I want to deal with within a 48 hour period of time!!

No comments: