Monday, August 29, 2011

A Perfect Combo

Last week Rob called and said he had this past weekend off and wondered if I wanted to go camping or on a small trip. I quickly answered with a resounding "NO!" I love traveling and being on the go but after being gone the past 3 weekends I was ready to just relax at home. Friday night we helped a friend move her furniture so she could get ready for a large garage sale. When we got home we BBQ'd hamburgers and just relaxed as a family. Saturday I woke up-way earlier than planned-and was determined to have a lazy day. For the most part, I made it one. I got a pedi and did a little shopping. Then I came home and took a nap. We started watching the race and then headed to our annual community Spaghetti Feed. It was nice to get together with neighbors and friends to catch up on life. An added bonus was that I won a gift certificate to a small store in VC! Rob had injured his back earlier in the day while working on his truck so between him hurting and P being a little pistol we didn't stay too late. Once P was in bed I went over to the neighbor's house and hung out with our friends for awhile. When I got home Rob was on the deck, waiting for me. He told me that the bear was on our property and he wanted to make sure I got in the house safe. Sunday P woke me up before 5:30 (after I had gone to bed around 12:30) and was rearing to go. We enjoyed a great church service, one where I felt Pastor Joe was talking directly to me. Then we came home and took a much needed nap. After we got rested up we headed out to a birthday party for one of P's little friends. He had a blast driving a pink car and playing with the train set while Rob enjoyed holding one of our friend's babies. As for me, I enjoyed watching my boys and taking pics. Rob and I ended the weekend by watching a movie and laughing over different things from the weekend. I can't think of a better way to have spent this weekend! I am blessed!!!

No comments: