Friday, July 27, 2012

Family Fun

It's been less than 48 hours but already I miss my lil guy! There have been 2 other times that I've been away from him for several days but it never gets easier. The house is too quiet, too clean and I miss his silliness. But I know he's having a blast. In fact, when I called him last night it took much coaxing to get on the phone. When he finally did he said, "Mommy, I'm playing. I'll call you back later!" and then he gave the phone back to my mom. He's staying with my parents because this weekend Rob and I are going to a camping concert with friends. We'll camp out and listen to great country music all weekend with our friends. We knew we wouldn't enjoy it as much if P was with us because of the late nights and loud atmosphere. When we asked my parents to take P for the weekend they graciously agreed. But, since I was there last weekend and the construction is bad between here and there, I was dreading the drive again. It worked out when my brother called and said he'd make a 4 hour detour on his road trip vacation to come get P for us. My brother and sister in law showed up for a couple hours Wednesday afternoon. When they pulled away with P I thought he'd cry but Noooooo, he was too excited about my brother's new addition, a terrier named Olive. In fact, I have no doubt that he hasn't shed tears at all since he's been gone. Between playing with my brother, dad, mom, sister in law, Olive and my sister in law's nephew he is having the time of his life. So, knowing that he's having so much fun will allow Rob and I have to enjoy our weekend with friends and good music! I hope y'all have a great weekend as well!

No comments: