Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Forgive Me if I Ramble

Last week I was in a foul mood. Don't believe me? Just ask Rob! But I woke up Friday morning and decided I need a huge attitude adjustment when it came to my job. Since that revelation I see how God is potentially going to use me this year. You may recall that several months ago-8 to be exact-I blogged about a teacher whose husband was killed and she is dying of cancer. Well, she is teaching Kindergarten again this year (right next door to me) for as long as she can. Our 2nd day back at work she was a basketcase and she told me that that was the first time in 8 months she had gotten out of bed on the 13th of the month because that's the day her husband had died. I felt like she needed a listening ear and a shoulder to cry on, both of which I provided. Today, our Kindergarten aide (whom I just met yesterday) unloaded about her life. How the father of her children left her when she was 4 months pregnant for a younger girl that he had gotten pregnant as well. Now she's a single mom trying to make ends meet and is finally able to move out of her parents' house. Then, towards the end of the day, I met a sweet, sweet little girl that had been molested by her uncle. There's a good chance she'll be in my class this year so her mom told me all about the situation. I had to bite my tongue from telling the mom that she should've shot the uncle instead of having him sent to jail. (Yes, I know that 2 wrongs don't make a right but when it comes to a child I think the only punishment is by death) Am I trying to get you down? No! But I want to share the things I'm up against this year, the ways I get to "bloom where I'm planted." Is full day Kindergarten (something I don't believe in) my first choice? Not by a long shot, but that's where I was put so I plan to make the best of it to the best of my ability. Hopefully the adorable kids I've met this week will provide me with some humorous blogs to share with you.

No comments: