Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Summer is Officially Over

I thought with being back from our camping excursion that I'd be blogging more but I've been pretty grumpy the past few days. I'm grumpy not because my Summer break is over (but that does suck...sorry mom!) but because I was told one thing and found out yesterday that the person isn't sticking to her word, which chaps my hide. At the end of the year I was told I could teach ELL next year, which made me so excited. I was excited to try something new, to get out of the classroom. Well, yesterday I get an email from the principal saying that she converted the other half time position so I have to stay in Kindergarten where she had originally put me. I could get into all the long conversations and politics surrounding this but I don't want this to come back to bite me so I'll leave it at that. Today I went into work because I was told it was mandatory but after being there a couple hours I was told that today was optional (GRRRR!). Then, as nice as my teaching partner is, I didn't have any say in who was hired and I gather that we are very different. She told me that she's unorganized, lacks behavior management skills and is a hoarder....something that doesn't work well with a job share (The hoarder part would be ok if I was like that but I purge almost to a fault!). If all goes well then Rob will get a contracting job where he can still be home every night but make more money. Then I can be done with school from Christmas break on. I want to be a stay at home mom now so I can deal with my job situation for a few months, knowing that I can have my cake and eat it too come December. :) I think I can....I think I can....

1 comment:

Dad said...

Jen: Second effort to add a comment..............
Sometimes WE are called upon to be remarkable in a world that isn't. Love, Dad