Monday, July 23, 2012

I Survived!!

When I blogged last night I wrote that hopefully today I could say that the first day of Kindergarten went 1000% better than anticipated.....and I can!! I did not sleep a wink last night and I'm not exaggerating when I say that. I stared at the clock from 10:30 until 5:30AM, thinking of everything I needed to do. Although my teaching partner and I are very different in many ways, I wouldn't have made it through the day without her. She was the biggest help! We did have a few criers. One was a little girl that cried for about a half hour this morning before Kim (my teaching partner) finally took her out. When she came back she was an angel. 2 little boys cried in the afternoon, one because he's so young and one because he had a rough weekend (He found his grandma dead in the bathtub from a heart attack Saturday night) and because he's never been away from mom. But, I'll take that first kind of day over all the rest because we didn't have any "runners" (the kids that bolt from the room). Nor did we have any vomit or temper tantrums. And we didn't have to physically restrain any kids who were attempting to bolt, bite, kick, etc. Yes, believe it or not, these things are very common the first day of Kindergarten (Now do you see why I was worried??). Tomorrow I fly solo so I pray that it goes just as good as it did today. But if not, it's my last work day of this week so I'll manage. Thanks for all the thoughts, prayers and encouraging words. It meant a lot and I'm happy to say that today was an answer to prayer!

No comments: