Saturday, July 21, 2012

Family Time



July has been a ridiculously busy month for us. Out of the entire month we've only been home one weekend and that was to have P's birthday party. But when Rob signed up to take an out of town job I decided I'd head to my parents' cause I didn't want to spend 10 days in the new house by myself. I've been working a lot lately, with the start of the new year, but I had Thursday and Friday off.
I was going to make it a long weekend with my parents until Rob called and said he'd be home several days sooner than anticipated. To be honest, at that point I had regretted asking my parents if we could come visit. Not because I didn't want to see them or because I thought we wouldn't have fun but because I have had 1 day this entire month that I've been on my own agenda. With the new school year coming up, I wanted some time to relax at the house, get things done and just mentally prepare for a school year that I'm already dreading. But, needless to say, once we got there we had a blast and I was glad to make the trek to see them. Like always, we got spoiled, ate good food and I got a little bit of a "mommy break". I love being a mom more than anything in life but sometimes it's nice to be the 'child' again if only for a few days. We rode the Lightrail train downtown to visit my dad's work and play at the state capitol park. P spent countless hours playing outside with the dogs and I got to see a couple girlfriends sans P, which is always a plus. After all the fun with my parents, P and I headed out this morning so we could actually have some mellow family time tomorrow before getting busy with the new week.

As much as I've enjoyed July and so much time with friends and family, I'm really looking forward to when the month is over so life will slow just a tad and we don't have to make time for family time.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I am more than glad you came. We had a lot of fun, as always. Looking forward to the next time together. You have one precious little boy. Love, Mom