Saturday, May 29, 2010

Growing Like a Weed!

We have approximately one month left! One month until Preston is officially a one year old, a toddler.(In fact,today I am going to work on putting his birthday invitations together.) We can't believe that this first 11 months has flown by so fast. If we could stop time (other than with his health concern) we would! It seems like he changes every day. He loves playing catch and is pretty good at throwing and catching a ball. He's pretty independent with his food, even though he's still learning how to eat on his own with a spoon. Last night he took 5 steps before I gasped and startled him. Then he realized he wasn't holding onto anything and fell. He LOVES giving kisses and gives me at least a dozen a day. Next week when the Herringtons are here he is going to get his first haircut. His hair isn't overly long but it hangs over his ears, which I think bothers him. He's doing another baby sign, letting me know when he's done eating. This isn't always consistent. He thinks if he bangs his cup on his tray then that is good enough. I'm teaching him otherwise. He's also exploring more. I have a pet peeve with the terms "Good Boy", "Bad Boy". I want him to know his CHOICES are right or wrong but that he's not a bad boy. So, I'm working hard to get him to understand consquences at a young age. He likes to play by himself in his room, spending time looking out the window at his pinwheel and reading his books. He loves to dance and will stop whatever he's doing if music comes on. He gets whatever toys out that he wants to play with instead of me doing it for him. AHHHH, it's amazing how much he is growing like a weed!

No comments: